February 27, 2010

Willy DeVille at Museumplatz in Bonn Germany

Two video's from the tour just before Willy died, at the Museumplatz in Bonn.

You promised me just a kiss and a slow embrace, you promised me, like I promised you to stand by me and I would stand by you … and the choir sang Ave Maria. I look into your eyes that say a million things, cathedral bells, they start to ring and you were mine, yes, you were mine, you were mine forever and ever, heart and soul.



Daily Telegraph critic Neil McCormick wrote, of Mink de Ville:
Willy was an entirely different creature, a macho dandy in a pompadour and pencil moustache, with the dangerous air of a New York gangfighter and an underbelly vulnerability that came out through the romanticism of his music. Springsteen sounded like he was your friend in desperate times. DeVille sounded like he couldn’t quite decide whether to serenade you or pull a knife on you.

And the motto of our Willy DeVille International Fans blog...



More to watch at nourishing obscurity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message, we really appreciate it.
~ Just Your Friends ~